Using the Pool
- Children who are 8 and older are permitted to go into the pool by themselves, but those between the ages of 8-12 must have a parent or guardian who remains in eyesight of them for the duration of the swim;
- Children under the age of 8 must have a parent or guardian within arms reach while in the pool;
- The hot tub is now open. Please note the times on the schedule that it is not available to use.
- No bags, food or outdoor shoes are permitted on the pool deck.
- At this time our saunas are unavailable but will be reopening soon.
- For Open swim, those 12+ in age may attend without a parent/guardian.
- Parent & Tot swims are for parents/ guardians and children under the age of 5 years old.
Effective until June 30, 2022
For those attending swimming lessons at CHP, the following rules/guidelines are in place:
- You will be allowed in the change rooms only 10 minutes prior to your lesson time.
- Change room doors to the pool deck will open 5 minutes before lessons.
- No outdoor shoes on the pool deck.
- Lockers are available for use in the change rooms.
- Once on deck, please locate your swimming level sign on the wall and stand under it. If you are unsure which level you are registered for, please look for the “deck supervisor” in blue.
- The program participant’s instructor will meet you at your level sign.
CHP Skippers (3-5 years old) 一 Level Comparison Chart
|Skippers 1||Skippers 2||Skippers 3||Skippers 4||Skippers 5||Skippers 6|
|Enter/Exit water||Submerge head||Open eyes underwater||Pool rules||10 rhythmic bobs||Standing front dive|
|Hair wet||Assisted exit from the pool||Into to main pool in PFD||Buoyant objects||Being a safe skater||Forward roll (PFD)|
|Ears wet||2 rhythmic bobs||Jump in & recover to the side||5 rhythmic bobs||When/where to swim||Intro to the diving board|
|Face wet||Jump in with PFD (assisted)||Front glide & kick with underwater pull||Seated front dive||Intro to sculling||Weight transfer|
|Back float (assisted)||Back float (head support)||Back float (unassisted)||Rollover floats||Big arms w/aid (5m)||Front crawl (5m)|
|Front float (assisted)||Front float (unassisted)||Front float (unassisted)||Surface support (10sec.)||Back swim (5m)||Back crawl (5m)|
|Crab Walk||Front glide (assisted)||Front glide (unassisted)||Front swim (5m)||Front swim (7m)||Front swim (10m)|
|Kicking on steps||Back glide (assisted)||Front glide & Kick (unassisted)||Back glide & kick main pool||Surface support (20sec.)||Back swim (10m)|
|Jump, turn & walk (unassisted)||Exploring leisure pool||Back float & recovery (unassisted)||Front glide & kick main pool||Jump in, swim 5m front/back||Surface support (30s)|
|Jump into waist-deep water||Jump into chest-deep water||Back glide & kick (unassisted)||Jump in, swim 5m front/back in PFD||Kneeling front dive||Jump in, swim 10m (deep water)|
|Blow bubbles (face in)||Flutter kick in PFD||Back glide (unassisted)||Side glide (unassisted)|
|Comfortable being splashed||Side glide (assisted)||Side glide & Kick (unassisted)|
|Alligator walks||Kicking with flutterboard|
(3-5 Years Old)
CHP Swimmer Program
(5 Years Old & Up)
|Skippers 1 Completed||Skippers 2||Swimmer 1|
|Skippers 2 Completed||Skippers 3||Swimmer 1|
|Skippers 3 Completed||Skippers 4||Swimmer 2|
|Skippers 4 Completed||Skippers 5||Swimmer 2|
|Skippers 5 Completed||Skippers 6||Swimmer 3|
|Skippers 6 Completed||Private Lesson||Swimmer 4|
|Red Cross Swim Kids Level||Lifesaving Society Equivalent|
|Swim Kids 1||Swimmer 1|
|Swim Kids 2||Swimmer 2|
|Swim Kids 3||Swimmer 3|
|Swim Kids 4 / 5||Swimmer 4|
|Swim Kids 6||Swimmer 5|
|Swim Kids 7||Swimmer 6|
|Swim Kids 8||Swimmer 7 / Swim Patrol Rookie|
|Swim Kids 9||Swimmer 8 / Swim Patrol Ranger|
|Swim Kids 10||Swimmer 8 / Swim Patrol Star|