Health screening questions upon entrance
- Are you feeling unwell or do you have new or worsening COVID-19 symptoms?
- Have you visited a COVID-19 exposure site?
- Are you or anyone in your household currently required to self-isolate due to travel?
- In the last 14 days, have you had close contact (within 2 metres / 6 feet) with someone
confirmed to have COVID-19?
- Have you tested positive for COVID-19?
If you answer Yes to any of these questions please stay home.
Membership Terms and Conditions
Termination or Cancellation
Cole Harbour Place (CHP, or the "Facility") reserves the right to terminate this agreement including cancelling your membership at any time if, in the sole discretion of CHP, you willfully damaged Facility property, displayed misconduct, or are otherwise in violation of any terms or conditions of this agreement, the Facility's rules and codes of conduct, municipal law or policy, or applicable federal or provincial law.
Lump Sun Membership:
- Non-refundable, non-transferable.
- Can not be automatically renewed.
- Renewals may be done in person or over the phone with a credit card.
- If you wish to place your membership on hold or cancel it due to covid-19 you may call 902-464-5100 to do so
Payment Plan Membership/ Payroll Deduction Membership:
- Membership can be cancelled with 30 days
- Memberships are automatically renewed unless cancelled upon receiving renewal letter
Should you wish to cancel your membership and you are on a payment plan or payroll deduction, you must provide the Facility with written notice 30 days prior to your next payment date. This may entail the completion of a form and it is your responsibility to obtain the proper form from the Facility. Cancellations are not permitted by phone. Upon the expiry of the 30 day period, your membership shall be cancelled effective the last day of the month in which the 30 day period expires (the "Term"). You must pay all fees up to that last day of the Term. If you have any fees outstanding at the time of cancellation, Cole Harbour Place shall collect those fees via your preferred payment method as indicated on your application and, if no valid information is on file, Cole Harbour Place shall invoice you for these amounts.
You and your use of the Facility
- Cole Harbour Place is not responsible for lost or stolen items anywhere on the property. We recommend that all patrons lock their articles in the day lockers provided. Lockers cannot be left locked overnight.
- Cole Harbour Place reserves the right to make schedule
- Cole Harbour Place reserves the right to close parts of its Facilities temporarily for maintenance
- Cole Harbour Place assumes no liability for closure of all or parts of the Facility due to power outages, other Acts of God or when required to be used as an emergency shelter during community crisis. There will be no refunds or reimbursements of any kind made for the time the Facility is closed due to these types of incidents.
You shall comply with all notices, rules, regulations, guidelines and signage posted in the Facility, provided to you as part of the application, and/or as directed by staff. Persons choosing to disregard these, or other Facility policies and procedures may lose their membership privileges and may be banned from the Facility.
The membership card must be presented every time upon entering Cole Harbour Place to gain access to the Facility. Persons unable to present their membership card will be denied access to the Facility.
Membership cards may be reissued for a fee in the event a membership card is lost, stolen or destroyed.
You must be 19 years of age or older to complete a membership application, execute this agreement, pay the fees and obtain a membership. If an applicant is under the age of 19, the applicant's parent or guardian must complete the application, execute this agreement and arrange for payment of the fees on behalf of that applicant and only then will the applicant obtain a membership. Notwithstanding anything else in the agreement, users of certain components of the facility must comply with specific age restrictions. It is your responsibility to confirm with the Facility what ages are permitted to use a certain component of the facility.
Membership cards are not transferrable and may only be used by the person whose name is associated with the card. Use by any person other than the member will be grounds for immediate cancellation of the membership without a refund.
Membership cards are the property of Cole Harbour Place and must be returned immediately upon request.
All persons joining Cole Harbour Place must have their pictures taken for identification purposes. There will be no exceptions.
A charge at posted rates may be applied in all cases of insufficient funds for credit card or PAC payments. Repeated occurrences may require alternate forms of payment. Persons in arrears may have their membership suspended.
Cole Harbour Place does not guarantee parking. Members may only park in the parking lot while actively using the Facility and parking is on a first come, first serve basis.
You are responsible for your behaviour while you are at the Facility. Improper behaviour or language, verbal abuse or disrespect to Facility staff and/or the public will not be tolerated. Cole Harbour Place including Facility staff, shall have the right at any time to eject you from the Facility, refuse you admittance to the Facility, or cancel your membershp if, in the opinion of anyone having responsibility or supervision of the Facility, you are creating a disturbance or behaving in an objectionable or unacceptable manner.
Persons are not permitted to use cell phones or mobile devices with photographic and internet capabilities within the locker room or change rooms, rest rooms, showers, pool, or pool viewing areas.
Cole Harbour Place is a non-smoking Facility and there is no smoking permitted on the grounds of the Facility, including the parking lot. You shall comply with Nova Scotia's Smoke Free Places Act and HRM's bylaw N-300 respecting nuisances.
You agree that if you observe any unusual hazards, accidents or incidents during your usage of the Facility, you will report these immediately to Facility staff. In the event of an emergency, you shall follow any Facility emergency evacuation plans, as posted in the Facility, and you assume responsibility for any emergency situation(s) that you cause while you are using the Facility. Your use of the Facility, including the use of any equipment inside or outside of the Facility must not block any emergency exits and emergency equipment, including hallways, corridors and access routes to alarm pull stations and fire extinguishers. If, after contacting 911 if the emergency so requires, first aid assistance is required, you must contact Facility staff.
First aid kits and AEDS are available on the premises.