Registration is accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Some classes may be filled due to on-going registration.
- Waiting Lists: If the course you are interested in is full, you have the option of making another course selection or being put on a waiting list for the course of your choice (however, there is no guarantee that a space will become available). Participants will be contacted only if a space becomes available.
- Program fees may be pro-rated for late registrants until the second day of a particular session. There are some programs with evaluated or instructional components. CHP reserves the right to restrict participants from joining after the initial start date.
- Program participants must meet the required age by the start of the program. Please note that some programs may be exempt from this policy.
- Sessions unattended by the participant will not be rescheduled, credited or refunded. Please note that some programs may be exempt from this policy.
- All participants must meet the requirements stated in the program description.
- Programs must be paid for by Visa, Mastercard, debit or cash upon registration. Prices for programs may change from season to season.
- HST will be charged to our fees where applicable.
- Declined Credit Card Fee: A service fee may be levied in the event of Non-Sufficient Funds (NSF); Stop payment; or Funds Not Cleared.
In order to qualify for the member’s price on programs, the participant’s membership must be valid on the start date of the registered program. The actual participant of the program must have a valid membership to receive the member discount.
Cole Harbour Place is committed to the satisfaction of all participants in our recreation programs. Participants requesting to withdraw from the program or class, must refer to the following policy:
- Participants enrolled in a program or class may withdraw on the phone or in person between 14 days and 7 days prior to the program start date and receive a refund.
- Between 7 days and 3 days prior to the start date, refunds will only be issued if a waiting list is active for the program and the spot is able to be filled.
- If you wish to withdraw from a program between 3 days and 1 day prior to the start date, or if the program has begun, no credit or refund will be issued.
- If due to unforeseen circumstances or if you are unsatisfied with the program, please contact Cole Harbour Place to discuss your eligibility for a refund. Once the program has begun, a prorated refund may be issued at the discretion of Cole Harbour Place staff.
- Cole Harbour Place reserves the right to cancel programs or classes if minimum registration numbers are not obtained prior to the start date. In this case a full refund will be issued. If the fees were paid by credit card, a refund will appear on your credit card statement. If paid by cash, or debit card, a refund cheque will be mailed to the customer within two to four weeks. There are no refunds for drop ins or punch passes.
- Credits and Refunds will be processed in 3-10 business days. Refunds will be processed in the following method: commerce through ecommerce; credit cards through credit card refund and cash or debit card through a cheque (no cash refunds).
Rentals Cancellation Policy
- All arena (ice and dry floor) cancellations, upon issue of the contract, will be subject to full payment (including all taxes);
- If your rental agreement is for the Multi-Purpose Room, Westphal, Forest or Harbour room, or more than 1 room at the same time, 60 days’ notice before the booking date must be provided to receive a refund; cancellations received less than 60 days prior to the rental will be subject to the full payment (including all taxes);
- If your rental agreement is for the pool(s), fourteen (14) days of notice before the booking date must be provided to receive a refund; cancellations received less than 14 days prior to the rental will be subject to the full payment (including all taxes); and
- If your rental agreement is for only 1 room (excluding the Multi-Purpose Room, Westphal, Forest and Harbour room, fourteen (14) days of notice before the booking date must be provided to receive a refund; cancellations received less than 14 days prior to the rental will be subject to the full payment (including all taxes).
Refunds will be given if the facility closes for inclement weather, power outage, etc.
Internet Access Policy
Access to Services
Access to free WiFi is available free of charge throughout the building.
Access may be limited on occasion due to planned activities.
Users are responsible for their actions and activity. Improper use of wireless Internet (WiFi) may lead to the suspension or loss of privileges.
Customers use the Internet connection at their own risk. Cole Harbour Place (CHP) is not responsible for equipment malfunction or the loss or transmission of users’ data.
CHP does not censor access to materials on the Internet or protect users from information they may find offensive. However, some materials are inappropriate for viewing in a public space. Staff may end a session if inappropriate content is displayed on either a CHP-owned or personal device.
Technology designated for children and/or families may be filtered to reduce the likelihood of customers accessing age-inappropriate materials. As with other materials and services, supervision of a child’s access to technology is the responsibility of the parent/legal guardian of the child.
If requested by a customer, staff may try to provide assistance with the customer’s personal device(s) in accordance with staff skill and comfort levels.
In the course of providing assistance, it may be necessary for CHP staff to operate, change settings, and/or install/update software on a customer’s device (in person or remotely). CHP is not responsible for equipment malfunction or the loss or transmission of users’ data as a consequence of staff assistance.
It is the customer’s responsibility to understand and follow the warranty stipulations for their device(s).
You can access the internet for free by using our WiFi.
This opens up a world of information and resources to you, but you need to use these services responsibly and abide by our Technology Access Policy.
In essence, you agree that:
- You're fully responsible for your actions when you use these services
- Your use of these services will be lawful and respect the rights and interests of others, and
- You're aware that your information is not encrypted (protected), and you're using these services at your own risk
We may change our Technology Access Policy without notifying you. By continuing to use these services, you're accepting the modified terms.
Community Builders Inc "Cole Harbour Place" is committed to protecting the privacy of personal information
as a result of visiting this website. The website and its features have been designed to ensure compliance with the
Protection of Privacy provisions of Part XX of the Municipal Government Act.
This privacy statement applies to interactions with websites hosted by the Community Builders Inc "Cole
Personal information is recorded information about an identifiable individual and includes such things as your
name, email address, phone numbers, mailing address and your personal views and opinions.
Personal information may be collected when you submit forms, surveys, and comments through the web. While using
Our Service, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact
or identify You. Personally, identifiable information may include but is not limited to: Email address First name and
While navigating municipally hosted websites, device-related information such as device make, model, browser
version, geographical location, as well as Internet Protocol (IP) information is collected to facilitate the
operation, security, and statistical analysis of our online services. Third-party service providers such as Google,
Browse Aloud, AddThis and other plugins and social media widgets, may also collect this type of information.
Access & Use
Personal information will only be used for the purpose it was collected or a directly related purpose. Any
additional use requires your consent.
Unless authorized by law, personal information will only be disclosed for the purpose it was collected or a
directly related purpose.
Leaving the website (links)
The website contains links to other sites. This privacy statement only applies to information collected by
municipally hosted websites. Upon leaving these sites, you are subject to the privacy and security policies of the new
site. Please read the privacy policies of these websites whenever you are interacting with them.
While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy and veracity of the information on this website, the Cole Harbour Recreation Soceity (“Cole Harbour Place”) does not accept responsibility for damages or expenses incurred as a result of the use of this website, or reliance thereon.
Each user must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with the use of any content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such content. Every effort has been made to ensure the information posted on the website by the Cole Harbour Place is correct, and attempts are made to keep the information current; however, Cole Harbour Place does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information. Where accuracy is required, it is recommended that the user consult official sources. In the event of a difference between the version presented on the website and the official source, the official source shall be deemed to be correct.
The material on this website is provided as general information only, and is not intended to provide specific legal advice for any individual, nor should it be relied upon as such.
Cole Harbour Place’s website may link you to websites outside of its control, including to its social media accounts. These links are there solely for your convenience and information and do not constitute an endorsement of those websites, their contents, or the services provided on those sites. Cole Harbour Place is not responsible for the accuracy, currency, or reliability of their content, and makes no representations whatsoever about any other website that you may access through this one.
Cole Harbour Place reserves the right to discontinue, change, or modify this site at any time without notice.
Questions or Comments?
Contact the main office