What camp information can we help you find?
Spring Session and Summer Camps
Registration is open now!
How To Book
Start by visiting this link to get your account set up.
Only set up a new account if you don't already have a MyRec account. If you're a member or have registered for a day camp or swim lesson, you should already have one.
You can register online here, or call (902) 464-5100 to register
For more information please contact Abbey Girard at (902) 464-5106 or at email@example.com
All of our summer camp information can be found in our brochure here.
Please fill out the form(s) that apply to you and drop them off at the front desk at least TWO WEEKS PRIOR to your first camp start date. Paper forms will be available to those who need them.
All our day camp leaders have demonstrated leadership skills and experience working with children. We carefully select the best applicants based on their creativity, enthusiasm and experience. We ensure all our staff members complete criminal background checks and are first aid certified. All CHP camps have an on-site supervisor responsible for staff management and the main contact person for parents and guardians. Our maximum staff-to-participant ratio is one leader to 8 participants. Ratios are generally lower as leaders-in-training and volunteers further reduce these numbers. Our specialty camps are led by experienced coaches and instructors who are knowledgeable in their fields.
When registering your child, please provide relevant medical information. If your child has a severe allergy that results in severe symptoms or has a medical condition that may require the emergency administration of medication please outline this in your medical history.
- All children attending summer camp must bring their own sunscreen labelled with their name.
- Sunscreen must be applied 30 minutes before any outdoor activity and reapplied every two hours.
- Counsellors will remind children to apply sunscreen throughout the day, and campers who have trouble applying sunscreen themselves will be assisted by a counsellor. There will be a release section on your child information sheet confirming our counsellors can assist your child.
- In the event that a child forgets to bring sunscreen, the camp will provide sunscreen labelled for general use.
- Children with allergies or sensitive skin should bring their own sunscreen and provide a note outlining any specific instructions.
- Counsellors will apply sunscreen to campers during extended outdoor activities like swimming or field day, to ensure full coverage. It will also be replied after camp swim time!
- All staff will model the use of sunscreen to encourage campers to follow the policy.
- Parents will be informed of the sunscreen policy and asked to reinforce the importance of sunscreen use at home.
By following this sunscreen policy, we can ensure that all children attending summer camp are protected from harmful UV rays and can enjoy outdoor activities safely.
Our camp day includes two snack breaks & a lunch break. For the safety of all our campers, we ask that no peanut products enter the facility. Please make sure your child has tons of snacks & a big lunch. Students MUST bring a REFILLABLE water bottle.
Comfortable moveable clothing. Sweatpants, t-shirts, tank tops, sweaters and running shoes are all acceptable.
Sneakers are the preferred footwear for day camps. It can be difficult to participate in all activities without proper footwear. Open sandals, Crocs, and flip-flops cause difficulties when running during a game or going on a walk. Also, these tend to be kicked off in favour of bare feet. We will insist the children have something on their feet at all times when not in the pool areas.
What your child does NOT need
Campers MUST leave the following items at home for safekeeping:
- MP3 Players/iPod/Tablets/Phones
- Video Games
- Toys from home
- Anything you value and do not want to get lost or others to use
CHP is not responsible for any lost or stolen items. Should you need to bring any valuable items such as money or cell phones they must remain in your child’s bag. Please leave all valuables at home we cannot guarantee their security.
What to bring
- Knapsack or bag to carry personal items.
- Lunch & LOTS of snacks (IMPORTANT: peanut & nut free environment)
- Water Bottle
- Jacket & Hat for sun protection
- Running indoor & outdoor shoes (no sandals)
- Bathing Suit & towel
Label all belongings with your child's full name. Leave toys, electronic devices and other valuables at home.
We would like to remind parents that the camp has a zero-tolerance for violence and bullying. If there is a discipline or behavioural problem with a student, the parent/guardian will be contacted. If the problem continues, the program coordinator has the right to expel a student from the program.
This service is available for an additional cost. Sunrise starts at 7:30 am & Sunset goes until 5:30 pm. Please find your corresponding course codes and enroll in sunrise and sunset programs; you must make a payment to receive your spot.
Please note, that due to the extremely high demand for one-to-one support, we can provide one week of full-time inclusion support per child. Should additional resources become available, additional weeks may be accommodated. Please only register for ONE week of camp, we recommend signing up on our waitlists in case a spot becomes available. Children who have not had their one-week inclusion spot will be prioritized on the waitlist.
- How do I know if my child will need extra one-to-one support?
- Is extra support required at school and/or in the community?
- Is extra help required at home for basic care?
- Is there an existing physical, medical, behavioural, and/or developmental disability that could affect the safety of the participant and/or other participants?
If yes, you would be a great candidate for inclusion support.
Cole Harbour Place staff are not qualified to carry out procedures such as catheterization, tube feeding, suctioning, injections, and/or managing aggressive behaviours. In these cases, we require families to make alternative arrangements. Any medications that are required must be taken independently by a child under the supervision of an Inclusion staff member. Participants must also be able to use the washroom independently.
Please Note: Registration is conducted on a first-come, first-served basis. Please look for camps labelled INCLUSION CAMP to enroll. Failure to enroll in the correct camp could result in a loss of inclusion support.
Program Requirements: After successful registration, please fill out the Inclusion Support form provided here, then submit the form at your earliest convenience to ensure the participant's Inclusion Support spot is approved. You can return these forms to the front desk.
Refund Policy / Camp Cancellation Policy
Cole Harbour Place is committed to the satisfaction of all participants in our recreation programs. Participants requesting to withdraw from the program or class must refer to the following policy:
- Participants enrolled in a program or class may withdraw on the phone or in person between fourteen (14) days and seven (7) days prior to the program start date and receive a credit or refund.
- Between seven (7) days and three (3) days prior to the start date, credits and refunds will only be issued if a waiting list is active for the program and the spot is able to be filled.
- If you wish to withdraw from a program between three (3) days and one (1) day prior to the start date, or if the program has begun, no credit or refund will be issued.
- If due to unforeseen circumstances or if you are unsatisfied with the program, please contact Cole Harbour Place to discuss your eligibility for a credit or refund. Once the program has begun, a prorated credit or refund may be issued at the discretion of Cole Harbour Place staff.
- Cole Harbour Place reserves the right to cancel programs or classes if minimum registration numbers are not obtained prior to the start date. In this case, a full refund will be issued. If the fees were paid by credit card, a refund will appear on your credit card statement. If paid by cash, or debit card, a refund cheque will be mailed to the customer within two to four weeks. There are no refunds for drop-ins or punch passes.
- Credits and Refunds will be processed in 3-10 business days. Refunds will be processed in the following method: commerce through e-commerce; credit cards through credit card refund and cash or debit cards through a cheque (no cash refunds).