Cole Harbour Place is now accepting requests for ice rentals so please request through our online calendar:
MUST be 19 years of age or older to request an ice booking
Rules for initial re-opening to keep patrons, players and staff safe.
Cole Harbour Place Ice Rental Rules
- Waiver form related to COVID-19 must be signed prior to first rental, no exceptions.
- Insurance certificate must be submitted prior to first rental. HRM offers a short term insurance program and more information can be found at https://programs.aon.ca/authentication/event-insure/account/signin2-en.html
- Renters must be 19 years of age to sign a contract to book ice.
- Cole Harbour Place must receive a signed contract prior to the first rental.
- You are expected to manage your group's activities according to Public Health, Hockey Nova Scotia and affiliated association protocols.
- The rental group must be able to produce a practice plan, if asked, as to drills and ensuring social distancing. Hockey Nova Scotia’s Rebound Plan is strongly recommended to all hockey related groups.
- Be mindful of signage in the facility and always follow directions from staff.
- Only Service Animals are permitted
- Effective July 31 2020 Masks are mandatory in Cole Harbour Place as per Public Health.
- The exception is that those ON THE ICE or PLAYERS' BENCHES are NOT required to wear a mask while taking part in the activity but must wear one at all other times.
- Spectators are NOT permitted to bring food/drink into the arena as it can only be enjoyed by removing the mask.
- Maximum of 50 people permitted in the arena. This number includes coaches, players and all spectators.
- Multiple groups of 10 without physical distancing are permitted on the ice.
- There will be no access to the bleachers/stands for spectators.
- The rest of the building is not available to groups but the arena washrooms and dressing room washrooms can be used.
- Players should bring their own water bottle, already filled.
- Players' benches are available to participants.
- Specific areas within the arenas have now been designated as "No Spectators" so traffic flow to/from the dressing rooms and arena itself is clear. We've been having issues with parents/spectators blocking access for participants/coaches to enter/exit the arena and ice.
- All rules around social distancing must be followed.
- No food/beverages are permitted in the arena. These items cannot be enjoyed when wearing a mandatory mask.
- For groups that conduct health screening in advance of entering the facility, you are responsible to manage your group and provide signs, tables, paper, pens, etc. and to clean up the area afterwards. CHP staff cannot supply these items. Health screening must take place outside and not impede access to the arena doors.
Arena Access Control:
- The arena doors are locked at all times.
- Groups will enter through the arena entrance, no more than 15 minutes prior to the rental. Earlier access will be denied.
- Do not ask staff for early access to the facility or dressing rooms.
- A one-hour rental means 50 minutes on the ice and 10 minutes for a flood. Do not stay on the ice beyond your allotted time and do not ask staff for extra time OR expect extra time if nobody is on after you. Staff are scheduled for many tasks "outside" arena operations and their schedules are impacted when groups are late leaving the arena.
- Arena doors will be unlocked 15 minutes before your rental. Do NOT arrive early and do NOT ask staff for early access.
- Enter the building using the right side of the double doors and follow the floor arrows and signs once inside. There are traffic flow maps that can be viewed below.
- When your rental is over, you have 10 minutes to leave the building. Groups will follow the arrows again.
- Those participating in on-ice activities should come ready to play.
- Each booking is assigned 2 side-by-side dressing rooms so check with staff to confirm your assignment or consult the arena monitor.
- Dressing rooms will be available BUT have a maximum of 10 people per room.
- Dressing room doors must remain propped open to reduce the number of high touch surfaces in the arena.
- Dressing rooms will only be available 15 minutes prior to each rental and no locks or keys will be distributed for dressing rooms.
- The washrooms in the dressing rooms are open but NO SHOWERS are available.
- CHP has cleaning protocols and schedules in place that are compliant with Public Health standards and groups are asked to support our efforts by:
- Putting all litter in the receptacles provided in the dressing rooms and the rest of the facility.
- Respecting that areas blocked off must NOT be accessed.
- Respecting rules around arrival and departure times.
- Using the cleaning products supplied in each dressing room, as groups feel is needed.
- Using the hand sanitizer stations (or washroom sinks for hand washing).
Failure to comply with the above may result in forfeiture of future rentals
All questions can be answered by calling our Scheduling Director Darlene Barrett at (902) 464-5109 or emailing her firstname.lastname@example.org
Arena Rental Rates
Effective September 1, 2020
Early Morning - Monday to Friday - $145.00
Early Morning - Weekends - $162.00
Daytime - Monday to Friday - $165.00
Last Rental of the Evening - $145.00
All other ice is $221.00
To request a booking please visit rectimes.app/coleharbourplace
If you have questions please contact Darlene at (902) 464-5109 or via email email@example.com.
Public Skating Rules
**Effective September 1, 2013 patrons of ALL ages during adult, public, open or family skates must wear a helmet.**
Strollers are permitted on the ice. (child in stroller must have helmet)
Skates only permitted on the ice surface. No footwear.
No sticks or pucks are permitted during public skate times