MUST be 19 years of age or older to request an ice booking
Cole Harbour Place Ice Rental Rules
- Waiver form related to COVID-19 must be signed prior to first rental, no exceptions.
- Insurance certificate must be submitted prior to first rental. HRM offers a short term insurance program and more information can be found at https://programs.aon.ca/authentication/event-insure/account/signin2-en.html
- Renters must be 19 years of age to sign a contract to book ice.
- Cole Harbour Place must receive a signed contract prior to the first rental.
- You are expected to manage your group's activities according to Public Health, Hockey Nova Scotia and affiliated association protocols.
- Be mindful of signage in the facility and always follow directions from staff.
- Only Service Animals are permitted
- Effective July 31, 2020 Masks are mandatory in Cole Harbour Place as per Public Health.
- The exception is that those ON THE ICE or PLAYERS' BENCHES are NOT required to wear a mask while taking part in the activity but must wear one at all other times.
All Participants over the age of 12 must be fully vaccinated, and organizers and or associations must have physically seen proof of everyone's vacination before allowing them entry into the building. Failure to follow this will result in lost ice rentals.
All rules surrounding vaccination from the Provincial Guidelines are required to be followed.
- Children who turned 12 between January 1 and October 4 this year will have until Dec. 31 to attend events and activities while they get vaccinated; children who turn 12 after October 4 will have three months from their birthday to get vaccinated and be able to provide proof.
- Youth who are 13 to 18 years old and have proof that they received one dose of vaccine can participate in sport, recreation, arts and culture programming and have until October 26 to get their second dose.
Spectators are permitted, but must show proof of full vaccination, and identification before entering the building.
- There are no longer gathering limits relating to COVID-19 or social distancing requirements for the spectator stands in the arenas.
The maximum capacity for the spectator stands in each arena are as follow:
Scotia One - 971 people
Scotia Two - 318 people
Arena Access Control:
- Groups will enter through the arena entrance, no more than 30 minutes prior to the rental. Earlier access will be denied.
- Do not ask staff for early access to the facility or dressing rooms.
- A one-hour rental means 50 minutes on the ice and 10 minutes for a flood. Do not stay on the ice beyond your allotted time and do not ask staff for extra time OR expect extra time if nobody is on after you. Staff are scheduled for many tasks "outside" arena operations and their schedules are impacted when groups are late leaving the arena.
- When your rental is over, you have 30 minutes to leave the building. Groups will follow the arrows again.
- Those participating in on-ice activities should come ready to play.
- Each booking is assigned 2 dressing rooms so check with staff to confirm your assignment or consult the arena monitor.
- Dressing rooms will only be available 30 minutes prior to each rental and no locks or keys will be distributed for dressing rooms.
- The washrooms in the dressing rooms are open and showers are available.
CHP has cleaning protocols and schedules in place that are compliant with Public Health standards and groups are asked to support our efforts by:
- Putting all litter in the receptacles provided in the dressing rooms and the rest of the facility.
- Respecting that areas blocked off must NOT be accessed.
- Respecting rules around arrival and departure times.
- Using the cleaning products supplied in each dressing room, as groups feel is needed.
- Using the hand sanitizer stations (or washroom sinks for hand washing).
Failure to comply with the above may result in forfeiture of future rentals
All questions can be answered by calling our Scheduling Director Alicia Baker at (902) 464-5109 or emailing her email@example.com
Arena Rental Rates
Effective September 1, 2021
Early Morning - Monday to Friday - $150.00
Early Morning - Weekends - $167.00
Daytime - Monday to Friday - $170.00
Last Rental of the Evening - $150.00
All other ice is $226.00
To request a booking please visit rectimes.app/coleharbourplace
If you have questions please contact Alicia at (902) 464-5109 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.