Cole Harbour Place is now accepting requests for ice rentals so please request through our online calendar:
MUST be 19 years of age or older to request an ice booking
Rules for initial re-opening to keep patrons, players and staff safe.
Cole Harbour Place Ice Rental Rules
- Waiver form related to COVID-19 must be signed prior to first rental, no exceptions.
- Insurance certificate must be submitted prior to first rental. HRM offers a short term insurance program and more information can be found at https://programs.aon.ca/authentication/event-insure/account/signin2-en.html
- Renters must be 19 years of age to sign a contract to book ice.
- Cole Harbour Place must receive a signed contract prior to the first rental.
- You are expected to manage your group's activities according to Public Health, Hockey Nova Scotia and affiliated association protocols.
- The rental group must be able to produce a practice plan, if asked, as to drills and ensuring social distancing. Hockey Nova Scotia’s Rebound Plan is strongly recommended to all hockey related groups.
- Be mindful of signage in the facility and always follow directions from staff.
- Only Service Animals are permitted
- Effective July 31 2020 Masks are mandatory in Cole Harbour Place as per Public Health.
- The exception is that those ON THE ICE or PLAYERS' BENCHES are NOT required to wear a mask while taking part in the activity but must wear one at all other times.
- Spectators are NOT permitted to bring food/drink into the arena as it can only be enjoyed by removing the mask.
- Maximum of 50 people permitted in the arena. This number includes coaches, players and all spectators.
- Multiple groups of 10 without physical distancing are permitted on the ice.
- There will be no access to the bleachers/stands for spectators.
- The rest of the building is not available to groups but the arena washrooms and dressing room washrooms can be used.
- Players should bring their own water bottle, already filled.
- Players' benches are available to participants.
Arena Access Control:
- The arena doors are locked at all times.
- Groups will enter through the arena entrance, no more than 15 minutes prior to the rental. Earlier access will be denied.
- Do not ask staff for early access to the facility or dressing rooms.
- There will be a whiteboard on the sidewalk outside the arena doors that contains information about Public Health protocols.
- 15 minutes before your rental, CHP staff will unlock the doors, confirm your dressing room assignments and count how many are in your group (players, coaches, spectators, etc.) and will refuse entry once there are 50. Please ensure all spectators and participants arrive on time as the doors will be locked.
- Enter the building using the right side of the double doors and follow the floor arrows and signs once inside.
- Keep your group to the right-hand side around the arena wall (counter-clockwise), take a left and walk along the narrow hallway to the dressing rooms.
- When your rental is over, you have 10 minutes to leave the building. Groups will follow the arrows again. Keep left and exit out the left side arena doors.
- Those participating in on-ice activities should come ready to play.
- Each booking is assigned 2 side-by-side dressing rooms so check with staff to confirm your assignment or consult the arena monitor.
- Dressing rooms will be available BUT have a maximum of 10 people per room.
- Dressing room doors must remain propped open to reduce the number of high touch surfaces in the arena.
- Dressing rooms will only be available 15 minutes prior to each rental and no locks or keys will be distributed for dressing rooms.
- The washrooms in the dressing rooms are open but NO SHOWERS are available.
- The dressing rooms have paper towel and disinfectant cleaner that groups can use as needed.
- Hand sanitizer stations are available throughout the arena.
- While groups are not expected to clean and disinfect the dressing rooms, they are expected to put all garbage in the receptacles provided and to leave the rooms in proper order.
Failure to comply with the above may result in forfeiture of future rentals
All questions can be answered by calling our Scheduling Director Darlene Barrett at (902) 464-5109 or emailing her firstname.lastname@example.org
Arena Rental Rates
Rates for August 2020
Early Morning - Monday to Friday - $140.00
Early Morning - Weekends - $157.00
Daytime - Monday to Friday - $170.00
Last Rental of the Evening - $140.00
All other ice is $216.00
Effective September 1, 2020
Early Morning - Monday to Friday - $145.00
Early Morning - Weekends - $162.00
Daytime - Monday to Friday - $165.00
Last Rental of the Evening - $145.00
All other ice is $221.00
To request a booking please visit rectimes.app/coleharbourplace
If you have questions please contact Darlene at (902) 464-5109 or via email email@example.com.
Public Skating Rules
**Effective September 1, 2013 patrons of ALL ages during adult, public, open or family skates must wear a helmet.**
Strollers are permitted on the ice. (child in stroller must have helmet)
Skates only permitted on the ice surface. No footwear.