As we reopen the facility, the safest way to manage capacity, enhanced cleaning and current Public Health protocols is through online booking of all available activities. It also enables people to guarantee their workout time.
When creating our activity booking time slots, we considered things like dedicated time for seniors and immunocompromised individuals; square footage of each area as it relates to social distancing; staggering start times to reduce the number of people in hallways at any given time, and adequate time for cleaning between time slots. As we reopen, we'll continue to monitor our booking strategy and use your feedback to help update our procedures where needed.
- All activities in our Return To Play Plan Stage 1 require booking online.
- 8am-9am activity time-slots are only available for senior/immunocompromised members.
- Activities for members can be booked as early as seven (7) days in advance until one (1) hour prior to its start time, provided the time-slot is still available.
- Activities for General Public can be booked as early as Forty-eight (48) hours in advance until one (1) hour prior to its start time, provided the time-slot is still available. General Public Bookings begin July 6th, 2020.
- Cancellations are able to be done up to 8 hours before your booked timeslot. If you do not cancel within this time frame there will be no refunds or credits provided.
- Online booking is preferred. You are also able to call (902) 464-5100 to book. There are limited times where you can come into the facility and book a space. Details below on when this is available.
How To Book An Activity
Start by visiting this link to get your account setup. Instructional video is included here.
Only set up a new account if you don't already have a MyRec account.
If you're a member or have registered for a daycamp or swim lesson, you should already have one.
Attending Your Activity
- Everyone is required to line-up inside the facility, in the designated waiting area, prior to their booking start time. Physical distancing requirements for waiting will be marked.
- No one will not have access to the facility any earlier than 10mins prior to their activity start time. Late entry to fitness classes is not permitted.
- Come ready to play: Arrive dressed for your workout, bring a full water bottle with you and leave your valuables at home. No access to change rooms, water fountains, cubbies, or lockers in Stage 1.
- Please bring your membership card with you if you have one.
- Masks can be worn, but are not recommended during physical activity.
- Please follow staff directions and safety protocols while inside the facility. Practice social distancing of 2m (6ft), good hand washing and respiratory hygiene at all times. Stay home if you are feeling unwell.
- Be kind and patient with everyone. Pace yourself as you return to physical activity.
At the end of an activity time-slot, everyone booked for that time slot must exit the facility, regardless of the time they entered.
Booking In Person
While we encourage everyone to book times online, or over the phone we realize that not everyone has the ability to do so. If you must book in person there are limited times to do so. Please note that the times listed below are the only times that we will be accepting walk in's to pre-book times for the upcoming days for all of our activities.