As we reopen the facility, the safest way to manage capacity, enhanced cleaning and current Public Health protocols is through online booking of all available activities. It also enables people to guarantee their workout time.
When creating our activity booking time slots, we considered things like square footage of each area as it relates to social distancing; staggering start times to reduce the number of people in hallways at any given time, and adequate time for cleaning between time slots. As we reopen, we'll continue to monitor our booking strategy and use your feedback to help update our procedures where needed.
- All activities require booking online.
- Members can be booked as early as seven (7) days in advance until one (1) hour prior to its start time, provided the time-slot is still available. Bookings begin at 9am
- General Public can be booked three days in advance beginning at 9am on the day, until one hour prior to its start time, provided the time-slot is still available.
- Cancellations are able to be done up to 8 hours before your booked timeslot. If you do not cancel within this time frame there will be no refunds or credits provided.
- Online booking is preferred. You are also able to call (902) 464-5100 to book.
How To Book An Activity
Start by visiting this link to get your account setup. Instructional video is included here.
Only set up a new account if you don't already have a MyRec account.
If you're a member or have registered for a daycamp or swim lesson, you should already have one.
Attending Your Activity
- Everyone is required to line-up inside the facility, in the designated waiting area, prior to their booking start time. Physical distancing requirements for waiting will be marked.
- No one will not have access to the facility any earlier than 10 minutes prior to their activity start time. Late entry to fitness classes is not permitted.
- Come ready to play: Arrive dressed for your workout, bring a full water bottle with you and leave your valuables at home.
- Masks are mandatory within the building, but can be removed when you are participating in your activity.
- Please follow staff directions and safety protocols while inside the facility. Practice social distancing of 2m (6ft), good hand washing and respiratory hygiene at all times. Stay home if you are feeling unwell.
- Be kind and patient with everyone. Pace yourself as you return to physical activity.
At the end of an activity time-slot, everyone booked for that time slot must exit the facility, regardless of the time they entered.
Booking In Person
While we encourage everyone to book times online, or over the phone we realize that not everyone has the ability to do so. If you must book in person please arrive wearing a mask and be patient with staff as they work to serve everyone.